Monday, March 31 / 11:49 PM

Job interview today.
Reminds me of my job two summers ago, as a historical interpreter at a fairly low-traffic tourist site. Read 47 books while on the job that summer; asked the girl who'd worked there the year before me what she'd done to pass the time, and she replied that she'd knit a couple of afghans. I was appalled, figuring that would be more boring than just sitting there.
Now I regret all the wasted knitting time!
Although I did read a lot of interesting stuff, notably The Alexandria Quartet by Lawrence Durrell, which I highly recommend. Another memorable moment was reading Death of a Salesman with tears streaming down my face. Fortunately, it was a rainy Monday so no one interrupted me. However, by the end of the summer, I couldn't concentrate on anything except P.G. Wodehouse, and I was going through those like candy.

|