Wednesday, May 7 / 11:07 PM

What's with the Kool-Aid?
Why is everybody jumping on this Kool-Aid yarn-dying bandwagon? I could see someone doing it with their kids, but that's pretty much the limit. Have you seen the colours it produces? They're so garish. Don't get me wrong, I do enjoy a good bright orange, in the proper context, but REAL yarn dyes can't be that expensive, can they? And then at least you know what you're getting before you pull the yarn out of the pot. If I told someone that painting Cheerios with nail polish made great stitch markers, I'm sure everybody and their dog would get on that immediately.

To my mind, you dye your own yarn if you want to produce creative colour combinations you can't find in stores. Why would you subject nice, pure, wool to powdered fruit drink?

Also, if Kool-Aid does that to my socks, what the hell does it do to my insides?

Also, why isn't it Kool-Ade?

|