Wednesday, June 18 / 11:50 PM

St. Brigid
I'm just past the halfway mark on the back of St. Brigid and things are going swimmingly. The pattern looks so beautiful I have to keep stopping and staring at it (which is good, 'cause then I invariably notice the mistake I made 4 rows back, and frog to fix it). Here are a couple of photos:


Click image for larger photo; if you want to see a close-up of the celtic knotwork, click here.


Blogging Pet-Peeves:
  1. People who apologize for stuff. "I'm sorry I haven't been talking about knitting stuff." "I'm sorry I didn't post a photo." "I'm sorry I didn't get any knitting done last night." The urge is strong in me too, but people - the blogs are YOURS. You don't have to apologize for them! You don't owe people anything, and you can use your blog for whatever you want.
  2. That being said, it drives me crazy when members of the knit bloggers ring (and there are lots of them) who haven't updated in, say, a month and receive a warning from the administrator make a post along the lines of
    Hi, haven't posted in a month, so I got a warning
    from the web ring administrator - if I don't
    make a post, I'll be removed from the ring.
    So here's my post. Haven't done any knitting.
    Nothing to say.
    Now, if these people want to have blogs they never update, that's totally cool. But those blogs don't belong in the knitting bloggers web ring. What's the point of updating if it's just to say that nothing's going on? I would say to myself "H'm. I haven't updated my blog in a month. I either need to start making regular updates, or bow out of the ring because I just don't have time for this blogging stuff."*


*OK, OK, I know I'm not the most frequent blog-updater. But I do aim for at least once a week.

|