Friday, June 6 / 10:49 PM

Starmore


I've been swatching for St. Brigid by Alice Starmore, found in Aran Knitting. I'd post a picture but that might cause a problem so you'll just have to follow the link. I was thinking about using Briggs & Little yarn, which is nice and very very cheap (especially for you Americans out there, what with the exchange rate and all), but the cables weren't really popping out because the colour I wanted (green) was sort of heathered. So now it's going to be made in Patons Classic Merino, in forest green, and without the hideous horse-blanket fringe.

Here's a photo of my pattern swatch, Briggs & Little on top, Patons on bottom. The gauge swatch was worked in moss stitch, and I was NOT EVEN CLOSE on row gauge, so I started knitting the back of the sweater with all the patterns included to see if the cables would stretch it out a bit. Think it's going to work out! Need to buy more wool, though - just had one ball for swatching. I'll work on the mittens in the meantime.

|