Tuesday, August 12 / 10:39 AM

Digital Camera is back from vacation

OK folks, back to the eye candy. Here's what I've been up to, in no particular order.

Spinning!


Spindle: handtooled maple and birch
Yarn: Fleece Artist Merino roving


My first ball of yarn!
Actually, it's my second. The first was some sort of grey English-sheep roving.
It was much easier to spin.
But I forgot to take a photo.

Mystery Knitting!


The first step of my mystery listserv project.
I have no idea what this is going to be.
But I did learn to do the provisional cast-on. See?
And I taught myself to knit backwards.
And I'm working on caterpillar cables.
You'll see a photo of those when I'm done!

St. Brigid!


I finally realized swatching was useless, as my moss stitch gauge doesn't necessarily indicate my moss-stitch-and-four-cable-patterns gauge. Hence, I have been knitting the first 15 or so rows in several different needle sizes. This is taking forEVER. But I WILL get gauge, damnit!

If I don't, I may knit this:


But it's uber-cropped and would require some pattern modification... bleah! I just want to knit.

|