Monday, March 1 / 6:26 AM

Inspiration and irritation
Check out these great felted bags!


Designed by Patons, no less (don't bother looking for them on the Patons web site, they're not up yet. You can, however, find them in the latest Ram Wools catalogue). I love the sunny yellow "tricot" bag, which would be equally fabulous in blue or pink - and with or without the blanket stitching. I'd make the strap longer, though. If I can't sling a bag over my shoulder, I will invariably lose it. The patchwork bag is also great in a back-to-back-to-the-70s sort of way, and could be awesome in blues and greens.

I am sooo sick of seeing quiz results posted all over the knitting blog universe. "I am shetland wool." "I am shetland wool." "I am shetland wool." "I am dishcloth cotton. Boo hoo, I don't like dishcloth cotton. I must experience existential angst. Why am I not shetland wool like everyone else?" Etc. And then there's the quizzes that don't even say anything about knitting! "I am Snoopy." "I am The Godfather." I am "Gertrude Stein." ENOUGH! These quizzes say nothing about anyone's personality, and since there are only 4 or 5 possible outcomes, they're repetitive as hell. I'll take the occasional silly quiz for a laugh, but I certainly don't expect anybody else to give a rat's ass about the results. It's almost as bad as keeping a daily record of one's bowel movements. Nobody wants to read it. Oh, and posting quiz results should not count as a blog entry. If you're gonna put up the quiz you've gotta say something for yourself, too. Not "I am mucous. Which bodily secretion are you? Click here to find out!"

I assume everybody will get bored of the damned things eventually, thank God.

"The best all lack conviction, while the worst/ Are full of passionate intensity."
--Yeats, sans context.

|