Wednesday, March 3 / 1:09 PM

Socks!

Finally finished my first pair of socks. My mom, lover of weird socks and all things blue, will be very pleased with these. They were pretty fun to knit, especially once I had the pattern memorized. The lace wasn't too hard for a beginner and I love, love, love knitting on two circular needles. I'm starting a pair of socks for my roommate tomorrow. Whee!

Details:
  • Yarn: Confetti (similar to Regia, half the price)
  • Pattern: Merino Lace Socks from Interweave Knits Summer 2003. Woulda been gorgeous in the recommended Koigu, but the Confetti's what I had on hand. 'Sides, the nylon content will help 'em last a little longer, I hope.
  • Gauge: Around 9 sts to the inch
  • Started: Sometime before Christmas. Finished: Today!

I have a really weird thing about not mailing things. Don't know what it is, but I often can't bring myself to mail stuff. Letters, packages, whatever. It's really bizarre. Every pen pal I've ever had has hated me. But I'm trying to work on it. So... these will be (cross your fingers) mailed by Friday! I hope.

"Half-a-dozen grasshoppers under a fern make the field ring with their importunate chink, whilst thousands of great cattle, reposed beneath shadows of the Great British Oak, chew the cud and are silent."
--Edmund Burke, waxing way more poetic about the silent majority than Nixon ever did. And portraying the cow as a nobler beast than, well, anyone. (From Reflections on the Revolution in France, p. 181 of the 1968 Harmondsworth edition).

|