Sunday, May 2 / 5:02 AM

Photography fun
I am never knitting a black sweater again - it's impossible to blog about it! You can't photograph black yarn in any satisfying way, especially if you want to show stitch detail. You'll have to be content with the following, and my assertion that I have finished one sleeve and am well underway on the second.

While playing with my camera, I took a picture of the view from my window. As of Friday I'm moving, so I'm getting nostalgic about things like this. It's better on sunny days, but it's still pretty sweet:


Click for larger image

I also really enjoy textures and macro shots:

In other knitting news, there is apparently an Estonian shawl in the latest issue of Interweave Knits; I haven't seen any pictures of it larger than thumbnail-size, but I'm interested in it. My grandmother made me a beautiful Estonian wedding-ring shawl in a lilly of the valley pattern, but it's white and as my opportunities for wearing lacy shawls are few, my opportunities for wearing white lacy shawls are almost non-existent. I'd like to have a black one, though. Here's a picture of the one my grandmother made me:

"It rank[ed] high up on the list of things I would have been reluctant to be found dead in a ditch with...."
--P.G. Wodehouse, Jeeves in the Offing. The item in question is the ubiquitous eighteenth-century silver cow creamer. What would you be reluctant to be found dead in a ditch with? Leave answers in the comments.

|